Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Wow, the intellectual Right comes out swinging quickly

I'm sure this isn't a world record in Democratic blogging, but I've already attracted my first detractor from the right wing brain trust. "Mister Jinxy" – isn't that cuuuuute? – replied to my column supporting Governor Dean as DNC chairman by saying "You're nuts. Have fun on that sinking ship. 'Aaaaaaarrrrgghgghhhhhh!!!'".

Ouch.

He followed up with this comment on my Bush-in-Europe remarks: " Waaaahhhh. If Bush did something that was objectively in the good interests of the U.S. I'm sure you crybaby libs would still find a way to complain about it. It sucks looking in from the outside of the prom with no date, doesn't it?".

I'm at a loss. How can we liberals hope to prevail with this much intellectual firepower coming at us? I quake at the thought.