Monday, June 27, 2005

Shocker: DeLay Lying Again

This time it's in support of Karl Rove and his remarks last week, in which he declared that liberals were only interested in providing therapy and understanding to our attackers right after September 11.

"That's not slander. That's the truth," said DeLay to a convention of College Republicans last week.

Tom, Tom, Tom. You're confusing the hell out of me. You say now that liberals weren't upset with the 9/11 terrorists, but look what you said a week after the attacks in 2001:


“Well, there's no American that wants us to fail, that's for sure. When we went home, every member that I've talked to had the same experience that I had. Everywhere I went, it didn't matter who you were talking to -- I ran into some of the most liberal constituents that I had. People would come up to me, hug me, kiss me. They would -- they'd just say they're with us, you know, 'We want this done and we want it done right, and we're with you.' I mean, the prayer rallies that we went to, the vigils that we saw.”


So were you lying then or are you lying now, Mr. DeLay?