Thursday, September 08, 2005

Desperate Republican Talking Points

According to White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan (and President Bush, for that matter) now is not the time to play the "blame game," indulge in "finger-pointing" or railroad poor, innocent Republicans with "blame-gaming."

Their strategy, much like when they refused to comment on Treasonous Rove, by saying – all together now – "we can't comment on an ongoing investigation," is to keep saying the same nonsense over and over until people start to believe it. So here's how many times Scott "The Lyin' King" McClellan has used these phrases in
just his last two press briefings when talking about the Bush administration's abysmal Katrina response:
  • "Blame Game" 9
  • "Blame-Gaming" 5
  • "Finger-Pointing" 9
Consistency is all, huh Scottie?

But, if this is now an officially-sanctioned diversionary tactic in our country, I'm all set for next April 15. "I know I didn't pay my taxes, Mr. IRS Man," I'll say. "But let's not get into finger-pointing and blame-gaming."


I'm sure they'll understand.