Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Dog's On The Road


More saloons and Democrats per square mile than any place in the country -- what's not to love?

For the next week, I will be in San Francisco for a couple of speaking engagements. This is always a special trip for me as I lived in San Francisco for a total of about 16 years, went to college there and proudly identify myself as a "San Francisco liberal."

I will be writing while on this trip and hope to post at my regular pace but please forgive me – and come back! – if the content seems a bit more sparse than usual until October 3. Though, with more time on my hands and away from my "regular life," there's a chance you'll see me posting even more.


One thing I'm really looking forward to is meeting Susan, Erik and the gang at the San Francisco edition of "Drinking Liberally," Tuesday night at Zeitgeist on Valencia Street. It should be fun being back in my adopted hometown and hangin' with like-minded San Francisco Libs.


That's it for now. I'm headin' West, where the air is warm, but the humidity is less than 100 percent!