Friday, November 18, 2005

The Little Boy in New Orleans

I didn't really get enough insane, right-winger e-mails this week to run my usual Friday Fruitcakes, reader-mail feature, so I thought instead I would respond to a request that I've heard a lot in the last few weeks.

I wrote a piece immediately after Hurricane Katrina in early September, based solely on a picture of a young man praying in the New Orleans Superdome and, as the father of a little guy right around this boy's age, the overwhelming feelings I had in just looking at that photo.


For whatever reason, many of you have had a hard time locating it in my archives and have asked that I run it again, so here's the link:



I Know This Little Boy In New Orleans


For those who asked to see it again, thank you. To my other readers, please indulge the rerun – and have a good weekend.