Thursday, February 05, 2009

Not Disappearing… Just Not Back Yet

Being a political blogger would be an amazing way to make a living -- if only one could make a living doing it. Hell, I would probably settle for a partial living, a pittance even.

Alas, it pays nothing, while also consuming almost as much time as a full-time job. So I'm taking more time to focus on the corporate job that does pay -- and pay well at that -- and where I'm fortunate enough to have a great boss and interesting work for a good company.

I live and breathe politics and I love writing here and The Huffington Post. And I've made a lot of great friends in the progressive media and on Capitol Hill. But unless that nice Arianna Huffington is going to adopt me and pay me to do what I really love, my focus must remain elsewhere for now.

Blogging doesn't pay the mortgage and it sure doesn't help me be a more attentive father to my son when so much of my time is dictated by the daily news cycle. So, for right now at least, my attention needs to stay on my real, day-to-day life.

The support from my readers, friends and blogging colleagues has always meant so much to me and I thank you all for that.

If you're not already on my mailing list, please sign up if you want to receive the occasional note on what's happening with me next -- and don't worry, it will only be for significant news and not ongoing (and unwanted) e-mail.

Thanks for reading.

E-mail: