A Sickening Milestone
We have passed yet another milestone in Bush's war, as our dead in Iraq passed 1,700 over the weekend. With the total American military deaths at 1,702, here are the names of five Marines who died on June 9 as a result of an explosion, while conducting combat operations in Iraq.
Dustin Birch had gone into the Marine Reserves to earn money for college. Brad Squires had just been married in November, before shipping out for Iraq. Thomas Keeling had just received his criminal justice degree from Kent State University last year and was looking forward to a new career.
- Lance Cpl. Dustin V. Birch, 22, of Saint Anthony, Idaho
- Lance Cpl. Daniel Chavez, 20, of Seattle, Wash.
- Lance Cpl. Thomas O. Keeling, 23, of Strongsville, Ohio
- Lance Cpl. Devon P. Seymour, 21, of St. Louisville, Ohio
- Cpl. Brad D. Squires, 26, of Middleburg Heights, Ohio
These soldiers had an average age of a little over 22 years old.
And these brave young men died for what?