Thursday, September 01, 2005

CNN's Jack Cafferty Blasts Bush Administration

I have watched CNN's Jack Cafferty for years and have always had a difficult time pinning down his politics. But today, he went off on the Bush administration's handling of Hurricane Katrina's aftermath and said exactly what needed to be said:

An excerpt:

I'm 62 and I remember the riots in Watts, I remember the earthquake in San Francisco, I remember a lot of things. I have never, ever seen anything as badly bungled and poorly handled as this situation in New Orleans. Where the hell is the water for these people? Why can't sandwiches be dropped to those people that are in that Super Dome down there? This is Thursday...This storm happened five days ago. It's a disgrace and don't think the world isn't watching...
Please go to Crooks and Liars and watch the entire clip.

As Cafferty says, it's been days since the hurricane struck New Orleans and almost a week since clues began to emerge on just how bad this might be. The question now is how much more disgraceful will this become before it gets better?