Monday, October 31, 2005

Humor: McClellan Says He's Earned America's Trust

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong.

I've been on the record as saying nasty things about White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, like that he does nothing but lie all day and provides nothing but robot-like responses, with no humor.


But there he was today in the press briefing, making jokes with the press about the trust he's built with them and the American people:

Q: You speak for the President. Your credibility and his credibility is not on criminal trial. But it may very well be on trial with the American public, don't you agree?

McClellan: No, I'm very confident in the relationship that we have in this room, and the trust that has been established between us. This relationship --


Q: See those cameras? It's not about us. It's about what the American people --


McClellan: This relationship is built on trust, and you know very well that I have worked hard to earn the trust of the people in this room, and I think I've earned it --


Q: Is the President -- let me just follow up on one more thing.


McClellan: -- and I think I've earned it with the American people.
Scott – stop! You're killin' me! I will never say you don't have a sense of humor again.