Friday, December 23, 2005

Thanks to All New Australian Friends

When I wrote my piece, When Australians Don't Like Us, We've Got Problems, on Tuesday and asked for feedback from Aussie visitors to my site, I never imagined the deluge of lengthy, thoughtful replies that would follow – over 100 at this point. I intended on posting an article today summarizing some of those opinions but, because of the sheer volume of e-mail and my desire to do justice to the writers' efforts, I'm going to hold off until Monday.

I just wanted to keep you all posted on what was happening with that and let you know that, far from being forgotten, it's going to take a bit more time to read and absorb everything that's come in.

The gist so far seems to be as follows: Love you Americans; Hate your government.

No surprise there. I'll tell you more Monday.