Monday, February 13, 2006

I’m Going on Vacation – But BobGeiger.com Is Not

On Wednesday, my family and I will fly to Albuquerque, New Mexico to begin a 12-day drive around the major natural attractions of New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado. (Before any of you ask, we’ll be in Utah – the most Republican state in the country – for only a few hours for Monument Valley and will retreat before we spend much money there.)

So I will be gone for almost two weeks. And, of the many things my wife and eight-year-old son deserve, one of them is a vacation without me grumbling about politics and spending hours writing and fact-checking. They have both been enormously supportive of this effort and it’s the very least I owe them.

So I’m taking 12 days off from this site.

But, because I so appreciate your readership and want to also keep timely content coming your way, I’m leaving BobGeiger.com in very good hands. Steve O from Bring It On will be posting in this space every day while I’m gone. I feel confident leaving my site in Steve’s capable hands and I’m sure he will do good work in keeping you informed – and making conservative readers angry – while I am taking a break.

This is also a great opportunity for you to read what Steve posts and then follow the links to Bring It On and get introduced to a great group of liberal writers and thinkers.

Taking time off from one’s blog feels a bit like leaving a loved one for two weeks. But I always promised my wife that it would be family first, writing second and it’s time for me to keep that promise.

So it’s a win-win-win: I get a break and vacation with my family, you get uninterrupted, relevant content and also get to know the gang at Bring it On.

That starts Wednesday... You'll barely notice my absence.