Video You May Have Missed This Week
If you’ve had a busy week like I have, you may have missed some of the great stuff posted by Crooks and Liars this week… Here’s some must-see clips.
- My old mentor James Carville takes it to right-wing seahag Laura Ingraham on the Today Show.
- Here’s liberal goddess Randi Rhodes from Air America trying to talk sense with conservative Bay Buchanan – and watch at the end when Buchanan actually refers to the media as “the enemy” for challenging Bush on his nonsensical press-conference answers.
- Don’t miss Helen Thomas on CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer explaining why George W. Bush is the worst president she has seen in her lengthy White House career. And want to see evidence that perhaps Blitzer really is on the GOP payroll? Check out the part right after Thomas talks about the innocent Iraqis who have died in this war and Blitzer actually says “ But we can’t forget 9/11. 3,000 people were killed.” At which point an incredulous Thomas has to tell him “But the Iraqis didn’t do it!” Yeah, Wolf, you’re a real journalist.
- Here’s NBC News correspondent Richard Engel who, in addition to refuting the notion that the media is only showing the bad news in Iraq, declares that “most Iraqis I speak to say, actually, most reporters get it wrong. The situation on the ground is actually worse than the images we project on television.”
And believe it or not, people still write and ask why I dislike Republicans so much.
- Jon Stewart and The Daily Show lampoon Bush’s latest sequences of goofy speeches and you really must see a great segment with Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI). Feingold is articulate and composed, even when responding to the disgusting words of House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) who said of Feingold “sometimes you begin to wonder if he’s more interested in the safety and security of the terrorists as opposed to the American people.”