Saturday, February 10, 2007

Obama Is All In

Invoking Abraham Lincoln before a massive, cheering crowd at the State Capitol in Springfield, IL, Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) formally announced on Saturday that he wants to be the next President of the United States.

"It was here, in Springfield, where North, South, East and West come together that I was reminded of the essential decency of the American people -- where I came to believe that through this decency, we can build a more hopeful America," said Obama. "And that is why, in the shadow of the Old State Capitol, where Lincoln once called on a divided house to stand together, where common hopes and common dreams still live, I stand before you today to announce my candidacy for president of the United States of America."

It was an excellent speech and I urge you to go to Obama's web site and watch it in its entirety.