Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Not Gone... Just Working On Book

No, the content on my site has not slowed dramatically because the Republican party has finally managed to shut me up…

My friend, Cliff Schecter, is writing a book on John McCain. The Real McCain is scheduled to be published in September by PoliPointPress and Cliff has asked me to contribute a chapter or two on McCain's legislative record and how looking at that can show what a faux maverick/political independent the guy really is.

Of course, I'm jumping at the chance to work with Cliff and to get some mileage out of all those late nights I've spent reading the Congressional Record and crunching Senate roll-call votes.

So you're going to see a bit of a slowdown on BobGeiger.com for the month of May. There's going to be a lot going on politically and staying away from my ongoing coverage of the United States Senate is not going to be easy, but I'm hopeful that I'll come back in early June and find that the time has indeed flown by very quickly. I'm not disappearing by any means -- just taking a break to work on the book with Cliff and to devote the dedicated attention to that effort that it merits and that's required.

Thanks to all my readers for your ongoing support. I look forward to continuing on the Senate beat in June.