Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Finally! A Poll Showing Palin Won VP Debate

While I thought it would be a bit like trying to snap a picture of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster, I knew if I looked hard enough I would find a poll somewhere showing that Sarah Palin won last week's vice presidential debate. I know, I know, I would have spent less time looking for Sasquatch, but I finally found an audience of people so out of touch, so dense, that they actually believe -- and by a huge margin -- that Palin reading from a script and sounding like an old episode of The Beverly Hillbillies was enough to trounce Joe Biden.

It's the people who watch Fox News -- and who take that stupidity a step further by watching Sean Hannity's show, listening to his radio spewage and/or frequenting his web site.

Have a look at the poll on Hannity's site that asked who won the vice presidential debate:



It's not the 90 percent that astounds me… It's the fact that even 10 percent of this crowd could see what everyone else saw last Thursday. That's much higher than I thought it would be from Hannity's crew.

I browsed around for a few more polls, as Hannity's site is unintentionally an Onion-like parody of just how flat-out dumb and cynical right wingers can be.

You know that ridiculous lipstick-on-a-pig "controversy" manufactured by the McCain camp? It looks like 78 percent of Hannity's drooling fans thought "Obama's comments were intended to be about Palin."

And despite the total failure of McCain's silly stunt of "suspending" his campaign to go back to Washington and get in the way of the Wall-Street bailout negotiations, another huge majority thought that was a sterling example of the Republican nominee putting -- ugh -- "country first."


So there you have it… There's stupid and then there's really stupid -- and I found really stupid.

But I also have renewed hope for what's possible in life and I leave tonight for Scotland to get some candid photos at Loch Ness.