Thursday, April 21, 2005

Books To Feed The Political Operative In You

OK, anyone who even knows me in the slightest, knows that I cut my political teeth under James Carville and the 1992 Clinton-Gore campaign. I learned so much about how to deal with conservatives and how to defeat them through James' teachings and the example he set, that some local wags even refer to me as “the James Carville of Ardsley.”

That's just fine with me.


While I do my best to stay away from product endorsements in this space, we are in troubled times politically and James has written some excellent and still-topical books on how we Democrats can survive and flourish.




Had Enough?, We're Right, They're Wrong and Buck Up, Suck Up, And Come Back When You Foul Up (written with Paul Begala) are all worthy reads. All three books, in their own way, provide talking points, strategies and even inspiration as we try to win back our country.

And The Horse He Rode In On is James' blistering comeback at Ken Starr and the Clinton witch hunt Judge Dread conducted for most of the 1990s.

Take a look at one or all of these – it'll make you feel good and help prepare you to win.