Thursday, May 19, 2005

British Lawmaker Galloway On Iraq War

British member of Parliament George Galloway, in Washington to testify before a Senate subcommittee on charges that Saddam Hussein awarded him lucrative allocations under the U.N. oil-for-food program, made the following comments on the Iraq war:

"I gave my heart and soul to stop you from committing the disaster that you did commit in invading Iraq," Galloway said. "And I told the world that the case for war was a pack of lies."

“I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims, did not have weapons of mass destruction. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to Al-Qaida. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to the atrocity on 9/11, 2001,” he told the panel’s Republican chairman, Senator Norm Coleman of Minnesota.

“Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong. And 100,000 people have paid with their lives - 1,600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies, 15,000 of them wounded, many of them disabled forever, on a pack of lies,” he said.

We can only hope that this will be the start of political leaders throughout the world beginning to speak the truth about Bush's War.