A Post Memorial Day Look at The Chickenhawk Database
The excellent web site, The New Hampshire Gazette, hosts the Chickenhawk Database, which defines a Chickenhawk as follows:
Chickenhawk n. A person enthusiastic about war, provided someone else fights it; particularly when that enthusiasm is undimmed by personal experience with war; most emphatically when that lack of experience came in spite of ample opportunity in that person’s youth.
Based on that, let's remind ourselves of just how few of our leaders (and proponents of the Iraq war) ever actually wore the uniform themselves when given the opportunity.
The Chickenhawk Elites:
- George W. Bush; President. Yes, he allegedly did hard time in the steaming jungles of Alabama, but there's not a thinking person in the country who actually believes he fulfilled his military obligation. Sorry, he's the Chickenhawk in Chief.
- Richard "Dick" Cheney; Vice President
- Karl Rove; Senior White House Adviser
- Donald Rumsfeld; Secretary of Defense
- Paul Wolfowitz; Deputy Secretary for Defense (Head of World Bank effective June 1)
- Rep. Tom "The Exterminator" DeLay (R-TX); House Majority Leader
- Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL); Speaker Of The House of Representatives
- Sen. Chester Trent Lott (R-MS); Former Senate Majority Leader; Still Cracker in Chief
- Rep. Roy Blunt (R-MO); House Majority Whip
- Andrew "Andy" Card; White House Chief of Staff
- Asa Hutchinson; Under Secretary for Border and Transportation Security
- Richard Perle; Former Chair of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee and Chief Architect of Iraq War
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA); Georgia Senator who got himself elected by trashing the courage and patriotism of incumbent, Democrat Max Cleland, who lost three limbs serving his country in Vietnam.
- John Bolton; Super Hawk, Bad Diplomat and Wannabe U.N. Ambassador
- John Ashcroft; Former Attorney General
- Antonin Scalia; Associate Supreme Court Justice
- Clarence Thomas; Associate Supreme Court Justice
- Roger Ailes; Head Gasbag of Fox News
- Sean Hannity; Senior Fox News Gasbag
- William "Bill" O'Reilly; Senior Fox News Gasbag
- Brit Hume; Fake News Gasbag at Fox News
- Rep. Newton Leroy "Newt" Gingrich (R-GA); Former Speaker Of The House of Representatives; Contributing Fox News Gasbag
- David Limbaugh; General Right-Wing and Christian Media Blowhard
- Rush Limbaugh; Radio Hypocrite
- Michael Reagan; Conservative Talk Show Host; Stepson of Ronald Reagan; Proof that Ron Jr. got all the brains in family.
- Michael Savage; Conservative Talk Show Host and Idiot
- Joseph "Joe" Scarborough; MSNBC's Version of Bill O'Reilly
To get more details on these heroes and others, go to the Chickenhawk Database.