Monday, August 22, 2005

Yellow Dog Blog Cracks Top 200

Well, the Dog's metaphorical tail is wagging today. I'm taking a break from my scorn toward all things Republican for just a moment to celebrate cracking the top 200 on the The TTLB Blogosphere Ecotraffic list.

With a current average of 3,056 readers a day, the Yellow Dog Blog checks in at 171 on the TTLB Ecotraffic list of most-read blogs. While it doesn't sound real great if you don't know how many blogs are out there, I feel good about it.


This makes me appreciate the diligence, longevity and quality work of the big guys at the top of this list – Atrios, Crooks and Liars, Smirking Chimp, MyDD and, of course, Daily Kos – even more and provides a lot of encouragement to keep up the fight.


To my readers, I thank you for your support and for keeping faith with our cause and the belief that a better day is coming in America. Your intelligence keeps me on my toes.


Special thanks to blogging giants Mark at BuzzFlash, Jeff at The Smirking Chimp, John and Mike at Crooks and Liars, Evan at Alternet, Skip at Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and Peter at Daou Report for their extreme generosity and for giving me a chance.


Cheers!


Now, back to work.