Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Michael Moore Torches Wolf Blitzer

Appearing on CNN's The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer Monday, filmmaker Michael Moore let loose, telling Blitzer what incompetence and sheer silliness CNN and the corporate media have descended into over the last few years.

Moore was specifically responding to a CNN report that had just aired in which his new movie, Sicko, was "fact checked" in a manner that Moore contends is similar to how CNN was once wrong in critiquing Fahrenheit 911.

Here's a taste of Moore doing a major verbal take-down on Blitzer:
"But why don't you tell the truth to the American people? I mean, I wish that CNN and the other mainstream media would just for once tell the truth about what's going on in this country, whether it's with healthcare -- I don't care what it is. I mean, you guys have such a poor track record.

"And for me to come on here and have to listen to that kind of crap. I mean, seriously, I haven't been on your show now for three years. The last time I was on, you ran a similar piece about 'Fahrenheit 9/11' saying this can't be true what he's saying about the war, how it's going to be a quagmire, the weapons of mass destruction.

"You know, and -- why don't you start off actually with my first appearance back here on your show in three years and maybe apologize to me for saying that three years ago, because it turned out everything I said in 'Fahrenheit' was true. Everything has come to happen.

"Everything I said. I mean, I was -- I took you in that film to Walter Reed Hospital and it took three years before you or any of the rest of the mainstream media would go to Walter Reed Hospital and see what was happening to our troops. So for me to have to sit here and listen again to more crap about socialized medicine or how the Canadians have it worse than us and all this, all the statistics show that we have far worse healthcare than these other industrialized countries."
And here's the video: