Raising Money To Trash Senator Clinton – And Once Again Bashing President Clinton
stophernow.com has some predictably unflattering pictures of Senator Clinton and a plea to right-wing troglodytes everywhere to help them in "Rescuing America from the radical ideas of Hillary Clinton."
The site also gives the ominous warning that Clinton and her husband are trying to "pull the wool over America's eyes once again."
OK, we already know these guys will always call out the neo-conservative cavalry to stop any Clinton, but what struck me as funniest was how, once again, they reflect on the days when “...Bill Clinton disgraced America and degraded the Presidency.”
While I know that these people are probably much happier with a president with a double-digit IQ, who has made us arguably the most hated nation on earth, let's take a hard look at the horrors brought upon us by President Bill Clinton:
- The largest economic expansion in United States history, including an economy that grew for 116 consecutive months, also the most in U.S. history.
- The largest surplus ever at $237 billion in 2000, which President Bush has turned into the biggest deficit in history. None other than Alan Greenspan – hardly a liberal – said in 2000: “My colleagues and I have been very appreciative of your [President Clinton’s] support of the Fed over the years, and your commitment to fiscal discipline has been instrumental in achieving what in a few weeks will be the longest economic expansion in the nation’s history."
- The most new jobs ever created under a single administration, with almost 23 million jobs created in less than eight years. This contrasts quite starkly to George W. Bush, who has yet to create a single net job in his presidency.
- Median family incomes that rose an average of $6,000 per year while Clinton was in office.
- Unemployment at its lowest level in more than 30 years.
- Inflation at the lowest rate since the Kennedy administration, averaging 2.5 percent, and down from 4.7 percent during the previous administration.
- Highest home ownership rate on record, reaching 67.7 percent for the third quarter of 2000.
- 7 million fewer Americans living in poverty than when the Clinton/Gore team took office.
- A minimum wage increase. In 1996, President Clinton and Vice President Gore fought for and won a 90-cent per hour increase in the minimum wage, helping 10 million workers.
- The lowest crime rate in 26 years. Because of President Clinton's comprehensive anti-crime strategy, the overall crime rate declined for 8 consecutive years, the longest continuous drop on record.
- 100,000 more police on our streets. As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, President Clinton enacted a new initiative to fund 100,000 community police officers.
- The most sweeping gun safety legislation in a generation was enacted. Since the President signed the Brady bill in 1993, more than 600,000 felons, fugitives, and other prohibited persons have been stopped from buying guns. Gun crime has declined 40 percent since 1992.
- To help parents succeed at work and at home, President Clinton fought Republicans and passed the Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993. Over 20 million Americans have taken unpaid leave to care for a newborn child or sick family member.
Isn't it amazing that we ingrates don't appreciate the fewer jobs, lower incomes, larger deficits and lesser security George W. Bush has given us and that we still yearn for the days when Bill Clinton was in charge?