The Poll Remains The Same
Another day and another poll with President Bush's numbers lower than Rush Limbaugh's IQ. Here's the low points – for the Bush administration and the country – of a Newsweek magazine poll conducted August 2-4:
- 42 percent of Americans approve, in general, of the way Bush is doing his job as president, while 51 percent say they disapprove.
- 54 percent say they are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the United States at this time.
- 61 percent of Americans polled say they disapprove of the way President Bush is handling the war in Iraq.
- 50 percent of those polled say the United States is losing ground in its efforts to establish security and democracy in Iraq.
Man, I know if my house were on fire, I wouldn't go on vacation.
- 64 percent of Americans say the war in Iraq has not made Americans safer from terrorism.